- First place the chicken breast between two sheets of greaseproof paper or cling film and beat flat. Set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Peel and slice the avocado and sprinkle with a little bit of lemon juice. Set aside.
- Then make the mayonnaise. Put the whole egg and mustard in a food processor. Whiz, whilst slowly adding the sunflower oil, until thick and creamy. Once all the sunflower oil has been incorporated, add the olive oil and the remaining lemon juice. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, remove from the pan and keep warm. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté until soft.
- Season and cook the chicken in the sauté pan with the garlic for 3-4 minutes on both sides. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Spread mayonnaise onto the slices of bread. Use 3 slices for each sandwich, layer the bread slices, with bacon and avocado on the bottom layer and chicken and tomatoes on the top layer. Season each layer to taste and add a sprinkling of parsley. Secure with a skewer and serve.
RSPCA Assured mayo
If you don't feel like making your own mayonnaise, you can buy RSPCA Assured mayo from MAY-OH.