This delicious pie will keep all the family fed in between Christmas and the New Year. If you don't have leeks or mushrooms, replace with onion. You could even add a few leftover chestnuts to the pie.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Melt the butter in a heavy based pan and add the leeks and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until the leeks are soft. Sprinkle over the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring well.
- Gradually stir in the stock, followed by the double cream and cook over a medium heat, for about 5 – 10 minutes stirring all the time until the sauce is smooth. Season well and add the mustard.
- Add the turkey pieces and ham in the bottom of a pie dish and sprinkle with the parsley. Pour over the leek sauce.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a £1 coin and cover the pie dish with the pastry. Cut a steam hole in the middle of the pastry.
- Brush the top of the pastry with a little beaten egg and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with any vegetables you may have leftover.