This is so easy and uses a very economical joint of meat. And you can walk away and leave it to do its thing for hours.
For the pork
- Turn oven on to 110⁰C/fan oven 90 C/ Gas Mark ¼
- Cut away the crackling/skin off the joint.
- Combine all the dry spice rub ingredients and rub all over the joint
- Put into a casserole dish and add the orange juice. Cover with a lid.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 hours (depends on the size of joint). The longer you cook it for, the easier it pulls apart.
For the BBQ sauce
- Meanwhile, make the BBQ sauce. Heat oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook gently for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add all the remaining sauce ingredients, bring to boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- If a smooth sauce is preferred, blend with a hand blender. Set aside to cool.
- Once the pork is cooked and pulls apart easily, remove joint from the casserole dish and shred using two forks. Serve in toasted brioche buns with coleslaw, the BBQ sauce and crisp lettuce.