- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Place the oil in a roasting tin and heat in the oven for up to 5 minutes.
- Cut the parsnips lengthways in half or quarters to form even-sized pieces.
- Carefully place the parsnips into the hot oil, and turn to coat. Roast for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the honey, soy sauce and orange zest.
- Toss to coat and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until caramelised. Put into a serving dish and pour over any pan juices. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Peel and cut the parsnips a day ahead and store in the fridge in a sealed plastic bag, with the air removed, until ready to use.