Use a variety of mushrooms for this stroganoff. For an added depth of mushroom flavour you can add some dried mushrooms, pre-soaked and drained.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the onions and garlic.
- Cook gently for a few minutes until softened but not turning brown.
- Add both the paprika and cayenne. Cook for one minute then add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add the brandy to the mushrooms, increase the heat and bubble until the brandy has almost evaporated.
- Turn down the heat and add the soured cream. Taste and season with salt and pepper, then cook gently for a few minutes.
- Stir most of the parsley through the stroganoff. Serve with rice, sprinkled with the remaining parsley.