Cooking the chicken
- Skin and bone your chicken (if necessary)
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a sauté pan and bring to a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper generously.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly golden, on each side.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and cover with a lid.
- Let the chicken cook for another 7 to 10 minutes - slightly more for thighs
- Remove your chicken from the remaining broth and let it stand for a few minutes
- Use two forks to pull your chicken breasts apart into thin strands.
Preparing the sauce
- Mix RSPCA Assured MAY-OH together with salad cream, curry powder, chutney and sultanas
- Add a generous amount of black pepper.
- Add a spoonful of water is necessary to loosen the mix
- Place in a bowl with the shredded chicken and mix well to ensure it is evenly coated.
Preparing the meat-free alternative
- Instead of chicken, try using cooked chickpeas, butternut squash and some rice.