Lovely Mediterranean flavours with added warmth from the spicy salmon.
For the caponata
- Heat 100ml of the oil in a large frying pan. Season the flour with salt and freshly ground black pepper and use to coat the aubergine pieces.
- Fry the aubergine in the oil for 5–8 minutes until golden brown and tender. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Wipe the frying pan clean, heat the remaining oil and fry the onion for 3 minutes until just soft.
- Stir in the courgettes and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the aubergines, tomatoes, olives, capers, vinegar and sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Season the caponata to taste and set aside.
For the fish