These tartlets are really simple to make but look impressive. You can replace asparagus with Tenderstem broccoli if you prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Lightly flour a muffin tin. Unroll the pastry and stamp out the circles using a 5.5cm cutter. Gently press into each muffin hole.
- Cut the asparagus into 2cm lengths and blanch in boiling water for a minute. Dry and place two lengths into each pastry case.
- Whisk together the egg, double cream and Parmesan. Season and pour gently into the pastry cases.
- Bake for 12 minutes until well risen and golden brown.