- In over 400 different burger products, we found just 10 with certified higher animal welfare standards.
- Brands to look out for include Daylesford Organic, Duchy, Good Herdsman and Sainsbury’s So Organic.
- We found over 1,500 sausage products with no animal welfare certification – that means you can be confident that they are kept to minimum legal requirements, but nothing more.
- We found 30 sausage products that do have higher animal welfare, either RSPCA Assured or Organic certification, which has an animal welfare requirement attached. Brands to look out for include Sainsbury’s, Jolly Hog and Co-op (100% of their Irresistible range is sourced from RSPCA Assured farms). If you are firing up the BBQ, here are some tips to ensure you get everything just right.
Fresh chicken portions
- In this group, it is easier to find better welfare standards, particularly when shopping at Sainsbury’s or Aldi.
- Although just under 400 products showed, no animal welfare certification, we found 50 that did. Black Farmer is a brand with products that regularly meet RSPCA Assured animal welfare standards.
- Looking for an inspiring chicken BBQ recipe? Look no further.