Thursday 11 February 2021
- We are extremely upset and concerned by some of this footage. No fish deserve to be treated this way
- The harvest station featured in the video was not a member of RSPCA Assured at the time of filming in 2019 but recently joined the scheme in December 2020
- We have now suspended the site, however, whilst we urgently investigate these serious historical concerns
- Any allegations of animal welfare issues, or breaches of the RSPCA Assured membership agreement, are not tolerated and we take them very seriously
- One case of poor farm animal welfare is one too many but, thankfully, welfare concerns on RSPCA Assured certified farms are extremely rare, and many millions more farm animals are having a better life thanks to the work of the charity.